Once again, it’s Sunday “fun-day” and yet, another reason for me to come up with an exciting new “game day” recipe! These “sweet & tangy slow cooker meatballs” are so easy to make and best of all, they don’t take more than a couple of hours!You can serve them on toothpicks or slider rolls (grain free, of course), but no matter what, they’re are guaranteed to be a parking lot fave!
If tailgating isn’t your thing.. you can whip these up for just about any party you have or attend. I made a batch of these to go along with “pizza night” last night and everyone loved them. They really are a perfect “picky food!”
They are sweet, tangy, juicy, and absolutely delicious, and I can’t wait to tell you how I made them.. So, here goes..
SWEET & TANGY SLOW COOKER MEATBALLS
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons diced green chili’s
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the meat in a mixing bowl. Add the almond flour, eggs, garlic, onion, green chili’s, sea salt, pepper, ancho chili pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. Using your hands, mix it altogether until it’s completely blended. Using an ice cream scooper, scoop the mixture onto a baking sheet. Continue until the mixture is all used up. Pour the avocado oil in a small bowl and dip your hands in it. Roll each scoop into a perfectly round meatball. The oil will give it a little flavor and prevent the meat from sticking to your hands. Place them in the oven for 15 minutes. Once they’re brown, remove them and place them in the slow cooker. Add the pineapple and pour your favorite BBQ sauce over them, making sure all are well coated. Set the slow cooker on high for two hours.