Happy Wednesday! I can’t believe how quickly the days fly by. I’m excited for my friend Karen to host an essential oil demo at my house tonight. My food theme will be Mediterranean. I’m making a delicious chicken dish with lemon, olives, and fresh parsley. A similar version of the dish Ina Garten cooked up with Wilson-Philipps on “Barefoot in LA.” I love Ina! ? And I’m really excited that my girl cousin’s are coming over to learn more about these oils, I’ve been raving about.
Speaking of cousins, we booked our 3rd annual cousin’s weekend yesterday. And I’m already counting down the days. A few years ago, one of my cousin’s got married at the shore, so we ended up making a weekend out of it, and last year, my sister did the exact same thing, and we dubbed it our 2nd annual cousin’s weekend, and now it’s a tradition, that we hit the shore together for one extended weekend every summer, so we are altogether at the same time. It’s one of my favorite things to do in the summer and ironically, the Calvin Harris song.. “Summer,” will forever remind me of fun times with my cousin’s and those long weekends. I think the song came out during that very first fun-filled weekend. I’m so lucky to have such a large family that I love spending time with.
Btw, I caught up on Ray Donovan last night and I’m really struggling with the plot surrounding Mick, this year. I just don’t get where that whole storyline set in Prim, is going. And why did he leave again?? Mick is one of my favorites and he always has a great scheme going, but this year, it’s like he can’t get his groove on.. And is Bridget serious?? Having sex with her boyfriend who’s 16 years her senior, in front of her parent’s house??!! And I love how Abs, was most horrified, that it was taking place in a “Honda.” Not that I have anything against Honda’s, but I thought that was hysterical.
So, let me tell you about these mini frittatas which are incredibly easy and delicious. I made several for one of my customers who placed Cyril and I in charge of her meal planning. I loved them so much, I made them for myself, so I would stay on track in the morning and not waste time whipping up breakfast. These are great for meal planning, they are great to grab on the go, and obviously you can eat them at any time of day, so make sure you make em’ because they don’t disappoint.. ?
MINI VEGGIE FRITTATAS
- 12 eggs
- 5 baby bella mushrooms, diced
- 3 ounces red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 compari tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 loose cups leafy greens, roughed chopped (I use a mixture of swiss chard, kale, spinach, and watercress)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a mid size muffin pan with coconut oil. Melt the teaspoon of coconut oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the onion and saute them until translucent. Add the mushrooms and toss them for about a minute. Turn off the heat. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs. Add the almond milk, tomatoes, onion, and mushrooms, and toss until well coated. Divide and add the leafy greens to each muffin holder. Ladle in the egg mixture and bake for 50-60 minutes.