For years I was in search of the perfect margarita. I would make it a point to order one at every new place I went too, and I finally found one at a Mexican restaurant in West Orange, that is unfortunately, no longer in business.
In my opinion, the key to a perfect margarita is no sour mix and it should have a few simple ingredients such as tequila, triple sec, and fresh lime juice.
For a long time, I dabbled with various ingredients, and finally produced a margarita that is absolutely perfect! Assuming you can handle the heat! ?
I love Friday’s! And I’m a huge fan of happy hour! So, here’s the recipe that has many of my friends opting to come over to my house instead of going out!
THE PERFECT JALAPENO MARGARITA
- 2 ounces of silver tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of agave
- handful of ice
- Place an “on the rocks glass” in the freezer for about 15 minutes. Add all of the ingredients to the shaker. Mince about 2 slices of a jalapeño (per drink) and add them with seeds to the shaker. This is important because the jalapeño oils will be released into the drink once you shake it. Shake until the outside of the shaker is ice cold. I always opt for 50 shakes, I have no idea why, but every drink comes out perfectly chilled when I do. Take the glass out of the freezer, rub a slice of lime over the rim, and dip the glass upside down in a plate of sea salt. Add ice to the glass and pour the margarita into the glass. Garnish with a slice of lime.
- Trust me, it is to die for!
- Enjoy! And have an awesome weekend! ?