I am legit dizzy right now! I’ve spent countless hours giving “peace of paleo” a total makeover and I just might be the least technical person on the planet, but somehow I’m managing to manage peeps!
Anyway, I have to admit, my Franklin Covey has become life altering! I cannot tell you how unbelievably organized I have been over the last 6 days! It’s like I’m up to date on life and loving it!
Not sure if you recall, but I promised myself I would make 100 cookbook worthy recipes while still banging out recipes for my blog.. so, I spent all day Sunday doing just that. I made this delicious “Hearty Ham Chowder” that I’m super excited to share with you, a deliciously yummy smoked salmon frittata for the cookbook, stuffed chicken thighs which I’ll be dishing out later this week, and last but not least, Manhattan clam chowder! You see, I’m on a roll..
Aside from getting a week’s worth of cooking done in a single day, I’m all set with food for the week which means, you know who, will be eating effortlessly clean all week long. I say, “effortlessly” because it’s a b*tch to have to clean your kitchen 3 times a day. Now I can save time and energy by heating up a cup of soup, a chicken thigh here and there, a slice of yummy and fluffy (I might add).. frittata!
It truly pays off to have your meals prepared in advance when adhering to a paleo lifestyle and if you can’t prepare your meals in advance than I would highly recommend having some awesome snacks on hand like, a few of my faves.. sun butter & celery, beef jerky, lara bars, mixed nuts, fruit peels (kind of like fruit roll-ups when we were kids, but all natural), and some fruit.
So, I’m about to get back to the “peace of paleo” makeover, but here is a ridiculously delicious recipe for putting those leftover ham bones to good use. Trust me peeps, this one is going to knock you off your feet!
HEARTY HAM CHOWDER
Hearty Ham Chowder
- 1 meaty ham bone (yielding about 2 cups of meat on it)
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup pearl onions
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 5 celery stalks
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 dried chili’s
- 64 ounces chicken stock
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 9 tablespoons grass fed butter
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- Place ham bone in crock pot. Add all ingredients (accept the butter, coconut milk, and flour). Cover the crock pot and set on low for 7 hours. At about 6 1/2 hours, remove the ham bone from the pot and set aside to cool. Melt butter in a saucepan and slowly add flour in, while whisking until smooth and thick over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Add a cup of broth to the saucepan and whisk together than pour into the crock pot. Shred the meat from the ham bone and place it in the crock pot. Then pour the coconut milk in and allow it to cook for a few minutes before serving.