Happy Hump Day Peeps! We’re half way through the week and with any luck the sun will peek through again in Jersey because I’m sooo tired of rain. I don’t know who is tracking in more mud, me or Tyson, but I’ve gone over my floors about six times in two days. I love a cozy, stay under the covers, rain day, every once in a while, but we haven’t had great weather, and now it’s been rainy, cold, and damp for the last two days..
Anyway, I’m not sure if any of you are reading “Wired To Eat,” by Robb Wolf, but if you’re not, you really should start. It’s probably one of the best diet books, I’ve picked up to date. I hesitate to call it a diet book because it reads like a novel and instead of giving you a bunch of meaningless statistics, I say, meaningless because no one ever remembers all of the statistics and equations that diet books are filled with, but instead Wolf does an excellent job of explaining why many of us are in a constant, never ending battle with food, weight, and our cravings. I’ve read a lot of books over the years and I can honestly say that Wolf’s, “Wired to Eat,” is chock full of all the important stuff you could ever come across, and I love the way in which he lays it all out, so it’s both informative and enjoyable. Plus, he has a pretty good sense of humor.. no one has ever cracked me up while reading a diet book before, so kudos to Robb on that one, and if you want to see what the 7 day carb test is all about, take a look at his instagram page, he has been documenting his wife’s journey through it, while thanking her for not divorcing him (see sense of humor) although, by day 7, she looks like she might kill him instead.
So, lets forget all about that and talk about chocolate because I love chocolate and everything dipped in chocolate tastes better, especially “chocolate chip cookie dough!” One of my all time favorite ice cream flavors, is Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Once I open that container.. I’m doomed! If heaven had a taste, I’m pretty sure it would taste like that. Notice how I said “one” of my all time favorites?? That’s because ice cream is one of my most favorite things on the planet, and the only thing better than ice cream, is chocolate.. obvi! And I totally had to get these out of the house because I was beginning to feel a cookie dough binge coming on. The dough is delicious enough, but the chocolate just takes it to a whole new level.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 tablespoons ghee
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 drops doterra cinnamon oil
- 18 ounces dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Combine 1 1/2 cups of almond flour, sea salt, ghee, vanilla extract, cinnamon oil, and 4 ounces dark chocolate, roughly chopped, in a mixing bowl
- Using your hands, combine the ingredients
- Add the maple syrup and remaining 1/2 cup of almond flour and once again, combine the ingredients
- Using a spoon or ice cream scooper, scoop the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet
- Place the dough bites in the freezer for 20 minutes
- Melt the remaining 14 ounces of chocolate in a double broiler
- Dip the dough bites into the chocolate and place them back on the parchment paper. Repeat until all the bites are covered in chocolate.
- Place them in the freezer for a few more minutes (just until the chocolate hardens) then serve