What can I say.. it feels “really good” to be back after a long couple of weeks! After the passing of my grandfather, I had to leave for Orlando, and at the same time.. I was battling a sinus infection, so in many ways the last couple of weeks were challenging and there was no time for workouts, blogging.. least of all, cooking!
Because we were going non-stop and so many wonderful people were sending food over.. my diet wasn’t the cleanest! I found myself shoveling in, the likes of pasta, chicken franchaise, and pizza because I was famished and it was either feast or faint!
While in Orlando, there weren’t many “paleo choices” so I did the best I could, but found myself eating protein bars for breakfast and going hungry during snack time when I couldn’t muster up a paleo option. Florida was a turning point for me because eating outside of a paleo diet was beginning to make me feel sick. Not to mention, almost everything was loaded with “gluten!” Ugh! I vowed that when I returned I needed something to flush out my system.
So, I decided to begin the 21 day challenge by Mark Sisson, and this time I bought the “whole” package! I began the challenge last Friday and I already feel a thousand times better, leaner.. not to mention more energized and refreshed. I’m a huge fan of Mark Sisson’s and I love that his “Quick & Easy Recipes” come with nutrition facts. Not to mention he takes the diet one step further and provides you with the “10 Laws” for healthier living! I find everything about the “Primal Blueprint” to be AMAZING! And most importantly, it’s making me feel AMAZING!!!
Let’s see what else is going on.. My cousin Christine and I are finalizing our first fitness conference which will take place in October, in Riviera Maya, Mexico! I’m beyond excited because this little excursion is going to feature guest speakers, cooking demo’s, activities, and workouts by Cyril Morris of “A Different Approach Fitness,” on some pretty beautiful beaches! ? And best of all it will be “all-inclusive!” How awesome is that??!! I can’t wait to get my hands on the last minute details, so I can share it with all of you!
So, that’s the story peeps! Btw, has anyone seen “Blindspot??” I watched the pilot episode on the way back from Orlando and all I can say is “WOOAAA.. ” I had chills the entire time! And how handsome is that Kurt Weller?? I think I have a thing for Australian men! ? Anyway, I’m almost all caught up and I did catch it last night, but the one piece I can’t seem to figure out is, why they erased her memory?? I knew early on that she did this to herself or rather, wanted this done to herself (i.e. tattoos, etc), but I still can’t figure out why she erased her memory unless she really is a “cog in the FBI machine” and wanted them to trust her.. Hmm, we shall see!
Anyway peeps, I have a long week of exercise to catch up on, so today I’ll be spending an hour with Cyril, and I’m sooo looking forward to resuming my “Weekly Workout” blogs!
In the meantime, here’s one of the first recipes I made when I landed! ?
*For those of you doing Weight Watchers, this recipe is 16 smart points, per serving!
- 1 tablespoon grass fed butter
- 4 eggs, whites only
- 2 compari tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup ground beef
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 2 oz avocado
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- Separate the eggs. Using two egg whites at a time, heat the butter in a small cast iron pan or saucepan, and add the egg whites. Once the egg whites are almost cooked through the middle, flip them and allow them to cook for about 30 seconds on the other side. Remove the shell and let it cool while making the second one.
- Once the shells are done, saute the onion, ground beef, and pepper until the onion is translucent and the pepper is tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the mixture in the center of the shell. Add the fresh tomatoes, avocado, and hot sauce. Roll the burrito and fasten it with a toothpick. Sprinkle fresh cilantro over it.