I absolutely love avocados!!! For as long as I can remember, I would eat them every chance I got with salt and a little lemon juice. I find the taste to be simply divine!!!
Obviously this makes me a sucker for guacamole. I simply can’t resist it!!!
Years ago, my sister picked up a guacamole cookbook which I read in it’s entirety, and began experimenting with different guacamoles. To say I’ve used some interesting ingredients over the years, would be an understatement, but you’d be surprised at how versatile this side dish truly is!
This latest recipe calls for bacon and after trying this out, we all decided that moving forward, every guacamole should include bacon. It’s ridiculously good!!!
For those that do not follow a Paleo lifestyle, I highly suggest serving this or any other guacamole recipe up, with plantain chips. There is something about the level of saltiness and texture of the plantain chip, that makes it a perfect match with the taste of an avocado.
Sure you could always opt for the traditional tortilla chip, but guacamole and plantain chips are a match made in heaven!!! ?
BACON GUACAMOLE WITH PLANTAIN CHIPS
Bacon Guacamole with Plantain Chips
- 3 ripe avocados
- 4 ounces of grape tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 quarter red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 jalapeño, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 3-4 well done slices of bacon, finely chopped
- Combine all of the above ingredients. Using two spoons mash and chop the guacamole together until it’s well combined and the level of chunkiness is to your desire.