Good morning! I’m sorry it’s been a few days since I’ve posted a new recipe, but I switched hosting servers, and didn’t expect to be offline. Anyway, I’m back and super excited to share this delicious recipe with you. I literally couldn’t get enough of this chicken throughout the week. It was so awesome to have this on hand when prepping my RP Strength meals. I’m not typically one to eat chicken, it’s probably my least fave food group (poultry), so when a chicken recipe knocks my socks off.. trust me, it’s GOOD! And I love the fact that this recipe is all about the marinade, so feel free to toss the chicken on the grill instead of baking it. After all, sum-sum-summertime is approaching.. And who doesn’t love grilling in the summer?? If nothing else, it eliminates kitchen clean up, and I’m pretty much down with anything that lessens clean up.
I marinated this chicken overnight and I’d recommend, you do the same. The longer you marinate it, the juicier it is, and I just love the combination of jalapenos and citrus, not to mention Primal Kitchen Foods, Honey Mustard which is probably my favorite go to chicken marinade. I used to go through bottles of it back when I would meal prep for members at my gym, and it always got the most amazing reviews. Many of which now purchase it on their own.
I served this up with potatoes and the whole ensamble was to die for. It was literally one of those meals that once I finished, I wanted to eat it all over again.
Honey Mustard Jalapeno Chicken
- 3/4 cup Primal Kitchen honey mustard dressing
- handful of cilantro (set aside a tablespoon for garnish)
- 1 jalapeno, sliced (save a few slices for garnish)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- pinch of sea salt
- juice of one lime
- 4 potatoes
- Place all ingredients in a zip loc bag and marinate overnight
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a wire rack with non-stick cooking spray
- Place the chicken on the wire rack on top of a baking sheet and pour the marinade over it, lemons, jalapenos, and all..
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the chicken registers at 165, then switch to broil for a few minutes to brown the top (cooking time will be quicker on the grill)
- Thinly slice the potatoes and place them on a baking sheet or cast iron skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Sprinkle the potatoes with sea salt and roast them until tender
- Place the chicken on top of the potatoes
- Sprinkle with jalapeno slices and fresh cilantro