Holy moly! I feel sooo unmotivated this week and I have no idea why. I feel like I’ve gotten myself into a rut. I want to sleep and eat only chocolate while I’m awake and I want to watch new, back to back episodes of Chicago PD, which btw, is every show a rerun this week?? Geez Louise.. whatever happened to shows running from September to May or June?? Anyway, I’m officially caught up on Homeland and I don’t know how I feel about Quinn dying. Ugh! He was just starting to get his mo-jo back and to make matters worse, he dies for that god awful president elect!!! I’ve not liked her since day one and not that I want to agree with Dar Adal, but did you catch his conversation with Saul when Saul went to visit him in jail?? I got chills down my spine. Poor Carrie, she is somehow always left to bail everyone out and uncover the truth, on her own.
On another note, I’m glad she is going to get her daughter back, but I thought for sure Max was going to come stumbling out of the basement, slurring his words.. I was so relieved when the lawyer left. And I promise, just one more thing, and I’ll move on.. how sweet that Quinn kept a picture of Carrie.. btw, who is John Jr?? Did Quinn have a son?? Help! I need answers to that one.. Anyhow, I’m guessing that was the last episode of the season because there were no coming attractions and I feel like someone always dies in the last episode of the season.
Ok, so enough about Homeland. Shall we get back to my lack of motivation?? I seriously need to get my head on right because I feel scattered, unfocused, unmotivated, and out of sorts. I almost never feel this way, but something has come over me. I need to get my act together, so I’ll start by laying off these delicious sun butter cups! I made these cups like three times. The first time, my intent was to make chocolate covered sun butter easter eggs, but they ended up looking more like patties instead of eggs. The second time, I made too many, and ran out of chocolate. The third and final time, I nailed it! And now I want to eat them all, in my pajamas, in front of the TV, but I’m not going to.. instead, I’m going to put my big girl, food freedom, panties on.. wake up early tomorrow morning, take my bison (Tyson) for a long walk, get lots of work done, meal prep a little tomorrow evening, then hit the gym. Yep, that’s the plan! And it helps that I made these for Easter Sunday because otherwise, they would’ve been gone already. They’re the perfect combination of chocolate, sun butter, and sea salt.. And they take like two seconds to make!
Chocolate Sea Salted Sun Butter Cups
makes 16 cups
- 16 ounces sun butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 packet stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 drop doterra cinnamon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt (plus a few pinches for the top of the cups)
- 2 (7 ounce) jars of Eating Evolved Chocolate Spread
- Place all of the ingredients accept the chocolate spread in the blender or Vitamix and blend until well combined
- Remove the lid on the chocolate spread and microwave for one minute
- Place muffin wrappers in a muffin tin and place a teaspoon of chocolate in each cup
- Using a small spoon or ice cream scooper, place a small scoop of sun butter mixture in each cup
- Cover the sun butter with another teaspoon or more of chocolate
- Sprinkle a little sea salt on top of the cups and place them in the freezer until chocolate hardens, about 20-30 minutes
*Remove cups from muffin wrappers and store in a ziploc bag in the freezer until ready to eat